If you were home *alone*, and your house suddenly catches fire, what is the one thing you would rescue?

I specified ALONE since we all would first grab our kids!

Kauna

Asked by Kauna at 7:40 AM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Does this include no animals? If not, then my dog because I love her. I feel bad that I wouldn't save the fish...but they're more replaceable and the tank is WAY to heavy and they are way too big to just throw in some water in a bag and run.

If the pets aren't there either, then I'd probably go for the memory box my husband and I keep. It has everything from pictures of us, our son, and our pets to notes over the years. I just couldn't part with it.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I am with MamaPyra, the animals would be the first thing I grabbed! If not them or second would be our important files.
    New2WAHJ

Answer by New2WAHJ at 7:56 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• well since we have no pets, and the kids are gone already I would have to say my photo albums. I think I would be devestated if I lost those. I have insurance so I can replace everything else, but I can't replace my memories. So I would have to grab my photo albums and make a break for it.
    MrsJacksonWest

Answer by MrsJacksonWest at 9:24 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• HMMMMM, I would probably grab my box of writings. I could never replace them. Everything else is replaceable. To an extent that is.
    barelyawake

Answer by barelyawake at 10:25 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Well if my children wasnt' home then it would probably be my Himalayan cat!!!!!!
    perfectkitten

Answer by perfectkitten at 11:57 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Of course, I would grab my dog. But if we're not talking about animals then, I think I would have to grab my engagement ring/wedding band and probably my computer that has all of my important files (photos,etc.) on it. Many of my important files (birth cert, marriage license, etc.)are in my fire safe box so it would survive the fire.
    emeraldjade

Answer by emeraldjade at 11:57 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• My dog. :)
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• My cell phone. If I can choose two things then they would be my cell phone and a pair of shoes. lol
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 12:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• ME!!!!!!!!
    zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• My fur babies
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2008