BIBLE BAPTIST CHURCH is this christian...I am so confused...

this leads from the other question I posted. What is the diffrence when your Catholic...

I just know I am learning about God and enjoy the bible study and my kids love going to church now.

My kids really enjoy going there, and say mom do we have church today??? I really enjoy it too...

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:02 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• the difference is int he doctrine and ritual of the service, my hubby was raised in a baptist church, when I take him to catholic service it's like a foreign country
    gonefishin

Answer by gonefishin at 10:03 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• HUH???
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It's Baptist church and yes, it's Christian. I don't really get your question.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:05 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• What is the diffrence between Catholic and Baptist.....
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Catholics believe in the transfiguration of Christ into the Host and Wine. Baptists do not.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:08 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Baptist believe in baptizing by dunking, being saved to get into heaven...and only go for God and Jesus as his son.

Catholics believe in Saints and worship Mary as well. They don't dunk. They have completely different services and beliefs.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:09 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• There are a lot of differences between catholic and baptist. For one Mother Mary is a focal point for Catholics and usually not so much for other reigions.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 10:10 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I was raised Southern Baptist, and have been to Catholic services but I am by no means an expert on Catholicism, so please others correct me if I'm wrong! The both believe Jesus is the Son of God and died on the Cross to save us from our sins. From what I have experienced, Catholic services are more formal. Catholics are supposed to go to confession, to confess their sins to a priest in order to have them forgiven; Baptists believe we have a straight line to God so to speak and can confess our sins directly to God and be forgiven. Baptists believe in baptism by "immersion" which means you would have to be baptized to become a member of the church (Catholics sprinkle you over the head).
    If you've found a church where you feel comfortable and can worship freely then by all means continue to go!

Answer by missanc at 10:13 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Catholics believe in more books of the bible that Baptists leave out. Baptists are protestants, which is just a different branch of Christianity. Several hundred years ago there was a 30 year war between Catholics and Protestants while they killed each over to decide whose interpretation of the bible is the correct one - Baptists are just one of dozens of offshoots of the Protestant side of that war.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Baptist and Catholic are BOTH Christian.
    The difference is in the way they worship and their doctrine.
    I am Catholic and don't know much about the details of the Baptist church, but I can tell you all about what Catholics believe :)
    Catholics DO NOT worship Mary. They offer her the respect and awe she deserves..I mean think about it. God chose HER out of all of the humanity from all space and time to bear and raise His son..it's a big deal.
    Don't be afraid to take these questions to a trusted priest. They go to school and learn about the differences in religion and how to teach the Catholic faith. On CM you are going to get a lot of different answers, not all of them true.
    If you are happy and at peace in you church I would say stay. Especially if you have a community and your children are happy. These people are your extended family and love you.
    Welcome to the Communion of Saints ;)
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2010