If a "friend" calls because she is sick and throwing up and asks you to take her kids...

DO you? This happened to me last night... I couldnot though as I had WAY to much going on... but then I dont think I would because I dont want the bug in MY house!

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 10:13 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Depends.. If the kids are acting fine..then I probably would.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:14 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• If she were a good friend yes. She must be or she wouldn't have felt right calling you.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would. I would want somebody to do it for me.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yes, I would. I have been sick and had no one to get my son..its rough...why wouldnt I help someone else out and hopefully help keep their kids from getting sick?
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would, odds are if the kids are fine there not gonna bring it with them, lots of germX though. I would want someone to help me out.
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• No. I don't ask anyone for help. You're a Mom when you're well ,and when you're sick... The kids need to learn to help out too, not run off and go have fun while Mom suffers. JMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:21 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would and just hope she would do the same if roles were reversed.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• depends on who it is. if its a friend that is always there for me and i knew she would do it if the roles are switched I would take them. I would just make sure they wash their hands good and watch out for symptoms
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Part of my issue is that she has been using me a TON And I am still really hurt by this...I know if I was sick the favor would NOT be returned!
    rebeccadac

Comment by rebeccadac (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• If the kids aren't sick, yes I would and I would NOT expect to get help in return. Sometimes, doing something without thought of repayment is a good thing. You know, "pay it forward".

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2010