Looking for Birth Control?

My insurance has changed and I have been one month without it. I NEED to be on it. We have enough kiddo's. I am allergic to the patch so can't do that. Can take pills but would prefer something I don't need to take everyday. I have been on the shot before gained alot of weight but can't tell for sure whether it was from the shot or the stress of that relationship.(i'm a stress eater) SO I'm asking for pro and con input of things like the shot, iud, ring or anything else.

StefInfection

Asked by StefInfection at 10:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have had a lot of friends who have had bad reactions with the ring. Have you ever considered getting your tubes tied, or there is the male alternative, but we all know men are babies.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 10:27 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My mom got pregnant on the ring.And I know alot of people who have gotten pregnant on mirena.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 10:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I Natural Family Plan. The cost is $10 for a thermometer. I check my temp, cervical position and mucous on a daily basis. I am 3 years without getting pregnant because I listen to my body and am very careful on days when I have any suspicion that I could be fertile.

If you are interested, you can PM me. A good reference on it is Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:45 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I have the Mirena. I've had it for 2 years. It hasn't made my periods super light like it does for some women (darn it!); they're the same as ever. But I don't have any discomfort from it and I'm not pregnant! Haha!
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 11:16 AM on Nov. 18, 2010