Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if bio dad wants nothing to do with son should I still make him responsible?

Bio dad wants nothing to do with his son. I can't afford to take care of him on my own. Right now i am married but we are seperated and starting the process of getting divorced. Cheated on husband and got pregnant with son. dh don't want nothing to do with supporting my son. What do I do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (20)
  • You should have kept it in your pants.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • omg keep it in your pants?
    that was lame.. if you dont have something nice to say dont say anything at all

    I am sorry you are going though this... There IS help for you and your son you just need to ask.
    So your husband is not the bio father? I would say dont worry about the bio dad. Move out and move on. We are mothers, we can do anything =) Build a new and improved life for YOU and YOUR son! You can do it. Just believe in yourself!
    Message me if you ever want to talk!

    Answer by ReadyToRage at 12:16 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • File for child support. Make Biodad pay.

    Answer by gypsysmiles at 12:17 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • You are going to go though so much more hassile than its worth.
    I would not worry about child support. You are stong. Let him see you dont need him in your life.
    Its NOT easy to go after someone and they dont like paying lol... Plus its going to be hard to get a dna test and all that taken care of.... Its not worth it

    Answer by ReadyToRage at 12:20 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • No matter the circumstances, the bio dad needs to help support his child. He coulda "kept it in his pants" too, but obviously chose not to. Go to Human Services-- in Ohio at least-- they will help you pursue child support. There is no reason you should have to bear that responsibility on your own. It takes two!

    Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:20 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • idk i guess i am not one thats just ready to take people for money

    Answer by ReadyToRage at 12:20 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • First, how rude of that anonymous. Some people have no empathy. No one is perfect, not even you, anonymous. Stop trying to make others feel bad. You're insecure!

    Second, OP, do you mean financially? Yes, I'd attempt to get child support from him. I'm a teacher and many of my students unfortunately did not see a dime of child support throughout their lives because the system didn't deliver. But it's definitely worth a try. Your child is his child and he needs to take financial care of him/her. If he doesn't, I'm not sure...there are some options--government support, going to school part time until you graduate, starting your own business, having family help you, etc. Good luck! I know my state has started to take away hunting, fishing, and driver's licenses for deadbeat dads, so that's a start.

    Answer by orangeorbie at 12:21 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • Readytorage, how is asking a man to do the absolute MINIMUM of what he is supposed to do "taking someone for money?" To me, that sounds like cheating someone out of money and I hardly think child support fits that definition.

    Answer by orangeorbie at 12:23 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • Get one of the men to give you money, either your husband or the bio dad.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • Why did you refer to your husband as DH when you 1 cheated on him and 2 are in the process of getting a divorce? I'm thinking this is a FAKE question!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN