is it really because he is man?

Everyday he tunes out 90% of what I say, nothing important just what I did that day. But I need other adult conversation andi would like feedback. Is this hopeless or do you ladies know tricks to get them to listen. Yesterday I said Jessica Alba's ass and it got his attention ...

ThaSs

Asked by ThaSs at 10:24 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• simply throw references that get his attention into your daily conversation!! Like: yesterday while I was headed to the grocery store, I thought about Jessica Alba's ass. Thinking about that made me realize I needed to add buns to my list. Then my mind started to wander and I thought of (insert actress name here) breasts.. reminding me I needed cantaloupe. The kids were going crazy today and I just had to escape so I thought about that movie we watched where (actor and actress name) had that super hot sex scene. Remember that honey? Oh and then the car was making a funny noise..that reminded me of angelina jolie in Gone in 60 seconds.. she was pretty hot huh.. which made me think its time you changed the oil in my car... try that..he will either listen and get the gist of the conversation..or think u are a lesbian and pay more attention in order to see if you will leave him for another woman..lol j/k have a good day!!

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 10:38 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Two things you should know about men: One is that they can only think about one thing at a time. While women are able to think about and keep several things going at the same time, men simply do not have the ability. Second thing is that your husband will never behave like your best girl friend. If you want to talk about the things that interest us girls, then find yourself a friend with whom you can chat on the phone every day, sharing your innermost thoughts. Such friends fill the void that our husbands again simply do not have the ability to handle.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:28 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Lol my SO is the same. I make him listen by poking at him and telling him he is ignoring me. He usually pays attention for awhile after that.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 10:28 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• ..♥I agree with NANNYB...mine does the same thing...they just cannot focus on as many things as we can and they just don't have the ability...deff find a friend you can talk to and share things with...men just aren't capable of listening to what we want to talk about all the time...lol..♥
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I tune out my husband actually because he talks non stop about himself and his activities so when he catches on he asks me to repeat what he just said...so I have been trying to pay more attention
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I have the same problem with my SO,I will be talking to him and it seems like he isn't listening so I'll ask him if he is which he says he is but he most of the time forgets things that I tell him,so that tells me he wasn't listening or else is very forgetful.I will have to try what you did if I think he isn't listening,I thought that was funny. : )
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 10:32 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think all men are this way.I know mine is.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 10:34 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• men are very visual beings
    paste a picture of Jessica Alba's ass on your forehead
    he will be looking right at you when you speak
    but he may not be able to hear and see at the same time
    but his eyes will be close to yours - do not paste the picture of her ass on your chest - this may result in a full breakdown of all commincation that he does have - a piture of a hot ass and boobs fill overload him, that is why God put boobs on a different side then their asses, God knew that both on the same side would explode a mans mind
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:36 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• lol its a man thing.....but tell him you need quality adult time, see if that helps.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I tune people out all the time.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:25 AM on Nov. 18, 2010