So self-conscious! How do I stop giving into sweet cravings?

I work out atleast 3 days per week, but I can not lose the last 15 lbs because I am still eating more than I am burning. I can not get motivated to work out more or stop eating chocolate. That is my only downfall when it comes to food cravings. I never buy it at the grocery..but when I have a craving I will run to the DQ for a blizzard or the food mart just to get a candy bar. I have been stressed lately so that makes me want it more. How do you stop yourself when you have a craving or motivate yourself to work out more? Also, do you think a diary would help to destress and maybe get my mind off food? Help!

meg4763

Asked by meg4763 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Fruit has always worked for me, and if the temptation is too great, I stick to the three bite rule! The first three bites are the most you'll get out of all the pleasure of that guilty snack! For food, the problem is usually amount, not always what type. ;)
    Embryonic

Answer by Embryonic at 8:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• when im craving something sweet i eat fruit. i give myself a coupe of cheat days over the weekend, and i just look forward to them all week when i have to be good.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:27 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Well I am changing how I eat. I found a weight watchers fudge pop every night makes helps keep the cravings at bey. Also the regular fudge pops too they have 40-60 calories so if you eat two your still okay. Try the ww ones though you will love them
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I chew a piece of extra gum. The chewing keeps me pacified. Also some of the flavors are really good.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:36 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Fruit or gum.... My husband has a sweet tooth but is very aware of the sugar content so he buys protein bars in chocolate. maybe try those
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 11:09 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• When you are craving sweet eat whole grain rice like uncle bens microwave pouch's. And sometimes when you are craving sweets you probably need to intake more carbs in your diet(1/2) cup of any whole bread, pasta, almonds, also you can have 1 slice of whole wheat bread with peanut butter if you like peanut butter. Good luck.
    obenblue

Answer by obenblue at 1:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i use to have the same problem with chocolate and coke soda but i substitute it for fruits, yogurt or even health bars...and the soda i drink punch or crystal lite...
    nicoleNjeanna

Answer by nicoleNjeanna at 10:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• If you cut out carbs, it takes away some of those sweet cravings, but give yourself a cheat day. Don't have them readily available, get rid of temptation. I work out everyday and what motivates me is how good I feel after.

Answer by older at 7:04 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I am with you, chocolate ice cream yummy.
    I have the cravings at night. So I try to only watch DVRed shows so I don't see those evil evil food commercials. It reminds me and then I start obsessing for a snack.
    I found that if I can withstand the craving for 3 or 4 days they kind of disappeared for me. But that means it all has to be gone from the house. And with the holidays no chance of that. So I am trying to find a balance, work out more to make up for it.
    Also try to find a buddy to work out with or join a group 1-2 a week as well to ramp it up. GL
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Distraction... I have no idea what will work for you though.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2010