Do Catholics, Baptist, and Christian use the same Bible?

I have a bible and I read it once in a while.

Do they follow the same bible?

I may sound very neive but I have not been in church faithfully since I was a child my self.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• 1st off Baptist ARE Christians. (I'm not Baptist.) They are part of the Protestant sect of Religion.....Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, etc.
    Catholics have a section in their bible that is called the Apocrypha. It includes ALL the books of the Protestant bible PLUS the Apocrypha which are other ancient texts that the Catholics and Orthodox (Greek and Russian) churches believe are also God inspired texts of the bible.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:34 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Baptists (one of many denominations of protestant Christianity) and Catholics are also within the classification of Christianity. I believe Catholics have additional books and footnotes in their Bible.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I CAN ONLY SPEAK FOR MY CHURCH AND THE OTHER CHURCHES I KNOW OF; THEY ALL USE KING JAMES BIBLES!!!!
    paishar2

Answer by paishar2 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yes
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:31 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yes, for the most part. There is a Catholic Bible that includes footnotes and 7 books of the deuterocanonical. Many protestant versions of the Bible include these books in an appendix but the Catholic Bible leaves them in their original order. Many Catholics use other Bibles though,  like the NIV. Really the differences aren't important.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yes & No. The majority of the Bible is translated from the same texts, however the translations are often different. The Catholic Bible then has an additional 7 books which are not in any other Bible translation. So yes, the basic bible is the same, but there are slight differences in every translation, and then each translation will have differences in interpretation from reader to reader or group to group...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Protestants usually use the King James Version, but the Bible read at Mass is the New American Bible.

The New Catholic Answer Bible is without a doubt the most amazing NAB Bible you will ever read!  It is so easy to understand with an incredible amount of footnotes, and answers inserts that reference to both the Bible and the Catechism - it's amazing and WELL WORTH the price!

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 10:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My church uses all different kinds .... biblegateway has a list of them
    Catholics use the catholic bible which is slightly different
    different Christian denominations uses different bibles which ever is easiest to read.
    I uses NASB NKJ NIV NLT AMP Message and looking into many others... the newest translation being translated now is the Mirror Translation which several books are already online at http://mirror.scripturetext.com/
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2010