hints for cutting my own hair

broke!
i did get a box of dye
thinking i should try to trim hair also
i have hair longer than shoulders, natural curl, needs a trim, needs some layers back in

any helpful hints, what to do, what not to do

it is kind of curley and i let it do its thing- messy look i guess, so hopefully can not screw it up too bad, curls cover up a lot

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 10:29 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• color first so you don't get more split ends after. I f you decide to cut your own hair do it at an angle not straight across as in take chunks hold hair at a 90 degree angle then snip. and only do like half an inch any more it may be to short to fix if it does get messed up. my hair is down to my booty and I occasionally do it myself always dye it my own
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 10:42 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• All I can tell you is that every time I have ever tried to cut my own hair, I have regretted it because I made such a huge mess. I have a friend, however, who has cut her own hair for years and it looks like it was done professionally. If you have the knack for it, give it a try. You can always go somewhere and ask them to straighten up the mess, if that's the way it turns out. One of my daughters-in-law recently tried to cut her own and that's what she had to do.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:38 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Doooonnnnnn'ttttt do it!. It will look better after you color it.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:38 AM on Nov. 18, 2010