would you?

Keep sending gifts?
I have always every year sent my sister bday card or gift and something for Xmas even though she's never returned the effort with even a phone call, now the past two years I've sent her daughter the gifts and not my sister. Now lil sis called because she was upset I didn't send a bday gift for her... I feel she is an adult she can take care of her own beats while I have a 2yr old niece I can spoil from afar, what would you do?

ThaSs

Asked by ThaSs at 10:31 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• If it were me I'd tell my sis that for many years I did things for her (birthday, Christmas), because I wanted to, not because i had to. I would also remind her that she never bothered to remember your birthday or you at Christmas. She is an adult, and fully capable of buying her own presents. As a mother she should put her child first, and be very glad that you are taking an interest in the child and remembering the child's birthday and at Christmas. Some children are not so fortunate. If it were me I would keep sending the child cards and presents.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:46 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't send my unappreciative adult sister gifts.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:32 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• ..♥i think i would tell her exactly what you just said...maybe she will understand..♥
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 10:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would keep spoiling my neice.Your sister is an adult.She should like you sending gifts to her little girl.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 10:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My sister and I generally just buy for the other's child. We only buy for each other if we find something awesome that we know the other would like. Your sister is a grown woman and should get over herself.
    PhantomsFairie

Answer by PhantomsFairie at 12:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Nope, I don't care who you are, if you cant be bothered to send me a thank you note (or at the very least) call, you're cut off.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• keep spoiling your neice.Your sister is an adult..let her grow up.
    Doccreek

Answer by Doccreek at 1:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2010