17 year old having panic attacks??

ok does this sound like panic attacks.I get feeling intense fear and being afraid that something terrible is about to happen
worrying about losing control
worrying about dying, going crazy, or having a heart attack
having many body symptoms such as a pounding heart, upset stomach, diarrhea, shaking, sweating, or being hot or cold
feeling like choking or can't breathe
being dizzy, faint, or lightheaded
feeling numb or tingling sensations in the arms, legs, hands,feeling detached or as if they are watching themselves from outside the body. also when i go in to the back of stores i have to run to get out or i will feel like im goin to die..i get this feeling everyday..I done for got how it really feels to breath rite i want my life back can anyone help plz

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• yes! get help. it can be serious. I have anxiety disorder, and have had to have talk therapy due to the panic attacks, i even have to take medication for it, it can help, but the meds aren't for everyone, but seriously, get help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• also when im in the shower i have to jump out ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• yes, Definately go see your doctor.. they can give you some anti anxiety medication and you will feel normal again!! i have experienced Every symptom you've described..Definately panic attacks..and you're having them every day? you poor child!! one thing that helps me is blasting the air conditioner in my face..Definately see your Dr. ASAP! and dont freak out if your doc wants you to see a therapist first..tell your dr Everything. i know how scary they can be, but try blasting the cold air and just try to breathe.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:50 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• there also may be something deeper going on with you..the therapist can determine that. just be open.. good luck!
    tnteaton

• My sister had these and say a hypno therapist. It really helped.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:07 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i read and research medical stuff all the time- those are definitly anxiety/panic attacks. get yourself on some medication. it will help you so much!!
    j-hunt

Answer by j-hunt at 4:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Thats a panic attack
    I had the same problem and it turned out to be bi-polar disorder. get some help and dont be emmbarrased. There are so many teens like us! Find out what the problem is and then find a support group!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2008