Do you lock you car doors when you park & go shopping?

I just saw on CNN that in Va. , The Police are going through parking lots and looking for open car doors & valuables in full view. If the car door is open they put in a pamphlet that says "Gotcha!" & it reminds people how many cars are stolen & broken into this time of year. If you have valuables in full view & locked doors they put it on your windshield. Where in America is it still safe to leave your car doors open? What about if someone is waiting for you in the back seat!! That's why I lock my doors.

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 10:47 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Shopping

• Always! My car is never unlocked, at home or in parking lots. Just safer that way and a great habit to get into!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 4:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I lock my car in my own driveway. I NEVER leave my car doors unlocked.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:47 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yes I do. There are way too many break ins around here!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:47 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I always lock my doors.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:48 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I always lock my doors. No matter where I go.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:48 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• my doors are locked all the time. my doors are also locked while I'm putting groceries in other than the one door I'm using. my doors are also locked as soon as I sit in the driver's seat. locked locked locked all the time, house doors too.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:48 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I always lock my car when I'm out shopping.
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 10:49 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I never leave my car doors unlocked. Even if I am only going to run in and out somewhere, I always lock the doors and take the keys with me. I also never leave anything on the seat where anybody might see it and think it's something of value, even if it's not. It's just common sense to me to put stuff in the trunk where it is out of sight.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:50 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We always lock our car. Even when we go to my grandpas and park it in the garage. I don't think there is anywhere that's safe to leave your car doors open.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:52 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I never use to lock my doors anywhere, but I do now since someone went through my car while it was sitting in front of my house.q
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 10:52 AM on Nov. 18, 2010