Anyone have a child with seizures?

My almost 8 yr was diagnoised with nocturnal seizes in May! We finally got his meds worked out and he is on triliptol but this is the scariest thing we have ever been through... any advice?

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 10:47 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Health

• None of my kids do, but I have them. Have had them for 31 years, most of my life. It is hard on children having seizures. I was made fun of all through out school. Just let him know you are there and comfort him.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:51 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I'm very sorry this happened. I don't have a child with them, but my little sister began getting seizures at about that age. My only advice is make sure he takes his meds regularly. Don't wake him up in the middle of the night. Bright light, dizziness, and being overly tired tend to trigger her seizures.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:51 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My son used to have Febrile Seizures. Very scary. Glad you got the meds worked out. Best of luck.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 3:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2010