my son's dad has not taken our son to meet his grandma yet. he always has an excuse. he will not even show her a picture of him. he supposedly he is afraid of what she will say. she knows about the baby.

she doesnt like me because i dont hide it how has treated me in the past and rude and mean he can be at times. she says i am lying about him. supposedly she is a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN! i thought they were suppose to forgive and most of all my son is a child he is innocent he cant help who his parents are or whatever happened in the past.

i dont care if she ever sees my son. but its like his dad makes a joke about like oh he is going to wait til the baby can walk for him to meet her. or he is not ashamed of him he is just waiting for the right time.

i dont know. i told him i dont even like to discuss the situation with him because it makes me mad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Your son is a blessing and I understand...My mother in law hated me for the first few years...When she died it was like losing my own mother..I am a born again Christian...forgiveness and love are characteristics of God, therefor it should be for anyone who is of God...God said, Love one another as I have loved you...God is Love...I hope and pray that your mother in law will see what a miracle she has in her life and she will be very sorry not to be a great part of his life...When time passes, like Paul the apostle said "it is spent and you will not get it back" make the most of it and love on one another...don't carry hurst in your heart, let it go and thank God for your son..
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't let my child meet her.. If she is going to be rude to me and speak her mind like she does.. I wouldn't want her around my child.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:51 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Ya know what, if she hasn't made the effort, knowing about the child, I wouldn't care if she ever sees him. That's just sad and ridiculous. Her Loss!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:51 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• well if you don't care if she ever meets the baby then why are you upset?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It sounds like his mother is a real tool. The good news is that he seems to admit that. I would just forget about the woman-its obvious that your child isn't a priority in her life and so I wouldn't see why you would want to have her meet your baby-especially if you think she is going to say rude things. When the woman grows up and wants to act like a grandmother then maybe things can change but I wouldn't cater to the woman-I am sure that is what she wants anyhow.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2010