How long did you breastfeed?

Please for moms that work full time outside the home.

How long were you successful at breast feeding (pumping) before you dried up or baby called it quits? Where you breast and formula feeding or ebf?

I would love any tips that helped :) Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was only able to breastfeed for total of 3 months. I had to go back to work and I had school part time. I did it all while I was home breast feed, pumped and gave him a bottle. He was not confused at all. But, I found that something changed in my supply pretty quickly. I think that I should of pumped every two hours, and I really needed to drink fluids but I wasn't eating or drinking enough. I slowly got discouraged, I hope to reedem myself for the next one.
    Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I pumped till ds was a year, then continued to nurse am/pm weekends till he was 18 mos. I went back to work when he was 11 weeks
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i EP for 6 months before i quit my job and became a sahm! and im still ep i hope to make it to a year! :-)
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I am nursing my 9 month old still as she has not ever been willing to take a bottle or cup of any kind and believe me, my sitter and I have been working on it since she was 6 weeks old. I have spent a fortune on different kinds of bottles and then sippy cups but I ended up having to use my lunch hour to run over to the babysitters to nurse. I am fortunate that I have a job that allows me to do that and when i first came back it was only part time and so I was going back and forth every one to two hours. Quite honestly if I could get her to take a bottle or actually a sippy cup now, I would already be trying to wean her. But I do not see that happening anytime soon. My first child never would take the breast and so I pumped for two months but had to also give formula because I was not making enough and at two months it was just gone.
    BriNAddymom

Answer by BriNAddymom at 1:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I was only able to breastfeed for 2 1/2 months I tried to pump but that made my breast milk dry up:(
    NevansMommy

Answer by NevansMommy at 4:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I am a SAHM, but my aunt works full time and all three of hers were fed breastmilk for a year. After that I believe she stopped. Hope that helps! :)
    bamsmom2001

Answer by bamsmom2001 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i only breastfed for a few months but as long as u do it a few times ur baby will be healthy cuz ur giving the baby a healthy start at life
    AmberLeTTeBxtcH

Answer by AmberLeTTeBxtcH at 9:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I am still BFing occasionally at 17 months. I stopped pumping at 12 months and she drank cow's milk and ate solid foods while I was away.
    RozyMama

Answer by RozyMama at 11:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Oh I was EBFing, no formula at all! The things that helped me meet my goals were having a great support group (here on CM, my due date club and Breastfeeding Moms); resources like kellymom.com; having a GOOD, effective pump; introducing the bottle w/ pumped milk at around 3-4 weeks, after the breastfeeding relationship was well established but she was still open to accepting an unfamiliar nipple; pumping on a set schedule at work, and nursing on demand and cluster feeding before bed to keep my supply up; drinking lots of water and eating healthy; having a caregiver who knew how to feed a breastfed baby and not overfeed and sabotage my supply!!
    RozyMama

Answer by RozyMama at 11:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Check out the book "Balancing Breast and Bottle" too!
    RozyMama

Answer by RozyMama at 11:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2010