What can I use for hand drying other than a hand towel?

I have a child who has a touch of obsessive compulsiveness. The good thing is he is obsessive about cleanliness. Problem is he washes his hands not just after he uses the bathroom but just about every thirty minutes and casues the hand towel in the bathroom to end of excessively wet and gross for everyone else including company that comes over. I cant use the new kleenex hand towels either because of his obsessive compulsive disorder he goes through a box with in days. I need an idea to resolve this that is cost effective and sanitary. HELP!

SunshineSandie

Asked by SunshineSandie at 10:58 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• That kid needs meds! Unless you want to have a stack of hand towels daily,I suggest you get him evaluated. Don't give in to this obsession.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Paper towels? Or change the hand towel out several times a day.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:01 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Just get a few new but cheap towels to hang up in there throughout the day. You might not like the laundry part of it though. It will be cheaper in the end.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:02 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Give him his own hand towel to use everyday. my mom had the towel holders all changed out to papertowel holders in her house. She just puts up a new roll of paper towels. THis still may get expensive. Maybe he can use the hand towel and everyone else can use paper towels.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Washcloths. He can get a new one as often as he needs.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Can you give him his own personal towel? Either that or just change the towel frequently. Your family understands. Do you really have guests that often? Just make sure you change it before guests come over.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• my dd is like that too... i get a roll of the cheap paper towels for the bathroom
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• washcloths.....be grateful he washes his hands..
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 18, 2010