Lets all be safe this Holiday Season while we shop! Any safety tips to share?

Maybe I am paranoid but I get the creeps when I go shopping this time of year. Especailly at night & since the economy is so bad. I have to do most shopping at night while my DH watches our son. I walk as fast as I can & always park under a parking lot light. Do you have any tips to share so we may prevent one of our CM members from anything bad happening?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 10:59 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Shopping

• Shop with at least one other person if you can. Park as close to the building as you can and get your keys out before you leave the store. Try to get your packages in the car quickly and always look around as you are going to your car. Lock your door as soon as you get in. If you feel uncomfortable, ask for a security guard to walk you out, or if that's not available, leave when other customers are leaving.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I refuse to live my life in fear, I don't do anything differently during the holidays than I do the rest of the year
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I like shopping online!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would shop with a friend, dont go too late, park up close and in lighted area, be aware of your surroundings, especially when loading the car
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Make sure you keep an eye on your purse, better yet, carry a small wallet in a pocket. Be mindful of your surroundings. If it's dark, ask a clerk to call for security to watch you to your car. They are ususally glad to do this.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Be careful while driving; watch out for people on the cell.
    SweetLuci

• Here is a tip: Do not go out on Black Friday. Shop online in the safety of your own home and get free shipping to boot!
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 1:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• OK Thanks for sharing.
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Nov. 18, 2010