Bday party gifts

We go to alot of birthday parties. What is a normal amount of $ to put in a card for a classmates bday party? Most kids around here are just getn money because no one knows what they have already and the kid slike to save up for a bigger item. I have been putting $10 in each kids card. someone told me they do $5 because of the amount of parties they go to. In the last 2 weeks we have spent $40 on kids parties (kids from school, family, girl scouts..) We just know alot of kids and enjoy going to the parties. What amount is normal in your area?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 11:01 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Holidays

• $20 is normal in my area. But I usually buy gifts.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:05 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I don't think it should matter what other people put, I think it should fit comfortably in your budget. There were times when I gave $5, I usually bought a jumbo chocolate bar and slipped it into the wrapper, so I spent $6 or $7, and times when I spent a little more. It also depended on just how close my sons were to the child...and how many of my kids were invited. I always spent a little more on a gift if they invited more than one of my children because I knew it cost them for every guest they invited. Sometimes I would go to the bank and get silver dollars....one for each year old the child was.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:07 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• When the kids were smaller i always bought a $15 to $20 gift. Now my dd knows more kids and they are between the ages of 8 and 12 so we cant really buy toys.
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Nov. 18, 2010