What should I buy my 4 month old for christmas? He is an only child so I personally want to buy him so many toys!

AirForceMommy10

Asked by AirForceMommy10 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Holidays

• Nothing, he doesn't know the difference. Save your money until he is old enough to get it.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:13 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• 4 months is a little young for a lot of toys. Personally I'd lay off for a while, unless you want toys for the future.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:13 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i understand the feeling, my oldest was only 2 months at Christmas and she had more presents under the tree than anyone else LOL. i understand that mistake now, I have two other kids and have SO many toys from my oldest that i can't really even buy new toys because there are so many (that are still in good condition four years later) to hand down to them.

anyway, i'd buy him something he could use soon, like an exersaucer perhaps? if he's holding up his head well and doesn't bobble back in forth in one then he's ready for one. some can use it at 4 months others not til 6 months or so. little age appropriate toys, bath toys. new clothes if he needs them. have fun and Merry First Christmas to your lil man! =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My daughter was about that age her first Christmas. I bought her some small teether toys and clothes and I think a tummy time mat. That's all.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Then go for it! Get him things he will need soon anyway. Toys he will grow into. Musical toys, a push toy, clothes, a sippy cup, a ball, have fun!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:16 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Books to read to him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Buy him toys that he will play with as he grows - blocks, balls (the Playskool Ball Popper my son loved!!), books, bath toys, etc.

Answer by missanc at 11:25 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I understand wanting to buy your LO presents just make sure it is something that he can use. An exersaucer is a good idea, or a jumperoo, actvity mat (assuming that you don't already have those) or you could invest in things he is going to be able to use when he gets older-wagon is always good. Cardboard books are always a great gift or even disney movies to build up his collection for when he gets older. It really doesn't matter what he gets because he is going to be too young to enjoy anything you get him-he might like the bows on the presents!! So if you really want to buy the gifts I would make it something that you are going to need for him later.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• The playskool ball popper is awesome! Also toys that will last for awhile and get lots of play out of, such as any little people sets, balls, maybe a table and chairs set for when he is older, a toy box, book shelf, maybe get him a set of the classics to put on the book shelf, a wagon, ride on toy, the leapfrog learning table is good, as you can use it on the floor without the legs on it, then when he starts to pull up or walk you can put the legs on it and he can stand by it.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Buy him gifts he'll grow into. Most kids don't start playing with toys until after they are 8 months old or so. Get him toys for 6 months +, books or clothes.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2010