Smoking pot while pregnant?

Ok nothing against anyone who does or does not do this while pregnant or any other time.

My little sis smokes and someone mentioned to her that if her doc does a urine or blood and finds it in her system he has to report her to the CPS.So i looked it up.I found a few sites that say they can take her baby away at birth?

Does anyone know if this is true?Shes only 17 and im worried about it now.For the life of me the girl wont listen to me about anything.I know its her baby but i care about her and the baby and just want them both to be healthy and safe.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Doc won't do a blood or urine test without probable cause. But yes, if he does and she tests positive, the baby can be taken from her.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would hope that she would quit. If they suspect something than yes they can report her and cps can and probably will take the baby.
    samuelsmom

Answer by samuelsmom at 11:25 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I have seen this before. If she filled out her paper work saying she has done anything at anytime they will check for it. But they will just do it when they take her blood for everything else. Second, it doesn't mean CPS will get involved and take your child. I went to school with a girl who openly smoked pot while pregnant and was tested. Never did she even once get CPS called on her. This is recent too. There are people who have been busted with children in their custoday and don't lose their kids. I don' t condone it, I'm just saying my experience with it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• The doctor only drug tests to make sure the pregnancy and the baby are safe. The doctors reasons are strictly medical. However they are mandated to report abuse. But there is definitley a grey area there.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• – collapse
    Sometimes cps do things wrong. No they are not suppose to take your child away just like that, they have to investigate. but if she only smoking pot i guess she can do rehab ect but don't let cps know, just have the proof she did it. and if i was her I would go to a different doctor and stop smoking pot. so that why cps can't find her. good luck.
    firefox356

Answer by firefox356 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• if she is doing DOPE while pregnant i hope to GOD they take her baby at birth, i hope she lives in a crack mom state where if she is cought with drugs in her blood , testing postiive. she can be LOCKED THE FUCK UP TILL THE BABY IS BORN. if you give a DAMN about that baby, call her dr yourself.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 11:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Shes 14 weeks and hasnt seen a doctor yet.I just want her to stop before she does.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Thats how i feel.I dont want my neice or nephew to be born with defects or god knows what else.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• MY friends doc told her it was ok to smoke pot while she was pregnant! She also drank , and smoked cigeretts. Her daughter is fine she is luck. I think well I know in ct they don't even ? cause she still smokes pot to this day with the kids in the house so it all depends were u live. Good luck
    cmjarvis

Answer by cmjarvis at 11:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would tell her it is true even if its not...
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2010