i took my ex to court for child support, he lied about how much he made and i get 12$ a week in child support ordered from the judge. I pay for our daughters insurance and because i carried the insurance, my ex is still be carried until open enrollment so by the time he is off ins. i will have paid over $900 for him. can i sue him to get the money from ins. back?

tmrobe05

Asked by tmrobe05 at 11:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• If you divorced that's a life change and allows you by law to remove your ex prior to open enrollment in many states. Unless you were court ordered to carry him till open enrollment, call your insurance company.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:21 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Ummm he should have had to show prove of income in the way of last years taxes and/or pay stubs!!!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I doubt it, that should have been ordered during a divorce . as far as lying to a judge about what hemakes? at the time he would have had to furnish his pay stubs or something to that matter. so at the TIME he likely did make so little as to be ordered so little. but if things have changed financially for him, you should petition the court to have the child support raised.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 11:29 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Is he self employed? That was the situation when my dd was young and because he was self employed he claimed very little income because alot was cash jobs. I knew how much he made and in court I stated as much. The judge did go outside the normal percentage of child support based on the fact that I told him he made cash. In WI the percentage is 17% but it is a guideline a judge can order more and did in my case.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• In most states it's 17% but there are exceptions....if they make under a certain amount they are considered under the "poverty level"! For example, in NY state it's $10,000 or less, my ex-husband recently graduated college but while still taking classes he lived off student loans and a very part time job....so he is only legally obligated to pay $25 a month. Until he gets a job and gets taxes done I can't have that raised. But on all honesty I don't need or want it. I put that tiny amount into a savings account for our son
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• he didn't have to show proof from his job? usually they have to have something signed ect...from the employer..i would deff get a lawyer and fight this issue if you know for sure what he's making at his job!!!!!
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2010