when do you start counting weeks

so if im pregnant i know the exact day i conceived is that day 1 of the pregnancy??? or what?

meagan517

Asked by meagan517 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You start counting form the first day of your last mentrual bleeding since its can be hard even impossible to tell exactly when conception occured. So if your last bleed was four weeks ago then your four weeks pregnant.
    newmomdiva

Answer by newmomdiva at 11:27 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• it's generally 2 weeks after the first day of your most recent period. so if your period started october first, you are considered pregnant october 14th, and they will start counting from that day. even though you may have conceived any time before or after that date. its weird i know. due dates are only an estimate anyway, ultrasounds, conception and period dates only help get a more rounded conclusion. with my 2nd pregnancy, i knew i conceived february 22nd and my due date wasn't til december 6th. which meant i got pregnant in march, 3 weeks after my husband deployed. try explaining that one to him. well they baby came a week after that due date on the 12th, and weighed 10 pounds. i had no GD or anything and my first was only 6, that's how i know they were wrong on my due date by a whole 3 weeks, it should've been november 15th!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• The problem I am having is that I haven't had my period for awhile because I jut had a miscarriage October 27 Sooo I'm pretty sure I conceived November 14th but does that make me 4 days or 2 weeks 4 days
    meagan517

Comment by meagan517 (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• it would make you 2 weeks 4 days then because technically you're pregnant 2 weeks before you really are lol. it's very confusing i know! but if you give them your conception date they will count 2 weeks before that.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Ok thank you! At 27 I should know these things but I don't lol
    meagan517

Comment by meagan517 (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Nov. 18, 2010