Has anyones baby had croup?

Today I took my daughter that is 1 to the docs and they said that she has croup and they said that it could be very dangerous and that she needs too like sleep with me tonight and so it has got me all nervous so nervous that i am scared too go to sleep

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Kids' Health

• yes croup cough. it is dangerous just have her sleep with you listen for her and be calm if she wakes up coughing crazy. if you start the shower really hot shut the door and let the steam fill the bathroom that will help clear the mucous out of her throat so she can breath better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i mean do you think that it would be ok, for me too rest a little i know that sounds weird but it really worries me, she hasnt woke up coughing yet but she is drooling alot , and earlier she was drooling and spitting up i mean she woldn't really even eat anything eaither so i jus don't know what too do
    momoftwo12

Answer by momoftwo12 at 12:46 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• yes sleep tonight. you will here her coughing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• You will hear her. My son sounded like a barking seal. They should have given her something to take. My son got this 1 week before his first b-day and they gave him something to take. Can't remember what it was called but there was only 2 doses. By the next day he was better.

Anonymous

• My son had it a couple years ago. It was scary. If your baby has a coughing/gasping attack at night take her into the bathroom, close the door, and let the shower run hot. The steam helps. Or take her outside into the cool night air. Both of those help.
    Abqmomof2

Answer by Abqmomof2 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 6, 2008