Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stealing or what!!

I had and I say HAD some friends that moved to a different state who left oweing money to my family and now Ikeep getting calls from rent to own places that are looking for them. They called me again this morning and I told them they moved to another state and I have no idea how to get them. Apparently the took off with a inch flap screen, what happens do they get in trouble or do companies just write that stuff off?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • yes they will be charged the full amunt of the item and possible interest not to mention charges may be pressed against them (as in being sued) Collection agencies have ways of finding them.

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • I think they probably have to go to court & sue them for either the return of the item or the rest of the money owed on it. I dont believe its a criminal thing. Could be wrong. Just my best guess here.

    Answer by lisa89j at 11:43 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • They will probably start with collection agencies. If they can't find them they may be sued. Then if they still can't find them it will expire after a certain number of years. Collection agencies aren't that great at finding people. They still haven't found my SIL in florida. I told them what state she was in but that's all I know.

    Answer by Candi1024 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • If they didn't get in trouble, they wouldn't be calling. If they can't get their property back, police charges will be filed.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.