What do you do on Thanksgiving?

My family spend the day at my Grandma's who cooks for about 70 family members!

OBImomma

Asked by OBImomma at 11:41 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Holidays

• This will be the first Thanksgiving in 8 years that I'm not cooking, and not going to be home... It feels weird to not have to prepare for anything. I'm not even bothering putting any decor out for it. We won't be home, so no big deal...lol.. I'm so looking forward to just helping out and not having to stress over the day.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:47 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I often cook for up to 20 people. Mom comes over already "well fortified." The kids hang out and do a lot of nothing.

This year we are going to a friend's house. I'll make a dessert. Hopefully I'll be all relaxed and ready to socialize in a language that is not my 1st. It' going to be really nice.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:52 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We used to have a huge family thing the day of Thanksgiving, where we would go to my aunt's house for dinner, then play games, etc. Then we'd have a nice get together with some of our best friends the next day. They would drive down to Kentucky (where we lived) from Michigan, get there Thanksgiving evening, and spend the entire weekend with us. We would spend the next day shopping for food and cooking. I miss those days. We have since moved too far away from each other to do that. (they're in Texas, we're in Massachusetts.) They are moving to Pennsylvania soon, so I'm hoping that we can get back to our tradition again!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 11:56 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I don't have many relatives who live near us. We'll have dinner with my parents and that's it.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• changes every year. this year we're going to my IL's house.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 2:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We have Thanksgiving with friends.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2010