Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

umm ok i have a question thats been bothering me for a long time...

So when i was about 8 or 9 years old a relitive of mine messed with me like sexaully and now sence im older i dont like going to man doctors i like refuse to and i was wondering now sence im married and pregnant if i should let my doctors know about this sisuation so wen i have my baby there wont be any kind of man doctors in the room.cause i dont feel very comfortable with any guys touching me in certian places or seeing me with no clothes on other then my husbend?and im just wondering if this is werid or not.
not sure what catorgy to put this in hope i choose the rite one.

Answer Question

Asked by andrearhodes at 11:42 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Health

Level 4 (37 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • yes, you can share this with your doctor, but realize there may be some situations where you have no other options than to have a male around

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • It is YOUR right and perogative as a patient to mandate something like that hon. you dont even need to explain it. but if you still feel THIS strongly i would also advice seeing someone to help you come to terms with your past and what was done to you.

    Answer by katiPeas at 11:44 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • if you are not comfortable with male doctors , let them know, tell them what they need to know....good luck hon!

    Answer by michaux at 11:44 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Yes share it with your doctor so that you're comfortable. But I would have a back up plan if I were you in case your doctor is unavailable.

    Answer by bellsandheels at 11:44 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • I experianced the same thing but I'm the opposite. I never feel like women are as compassionate to other women. However, my new OB is a woman and she'll be delivering my baby.

    To answer your question, I would definately confide in your doctor about your feelings toward male doctors. I think you also need to consider the best doctor for you and your baby and that should take presidence over your fears. It may take a lot of work but it's worth it to have the best care. GL!

    Answer by TaiyoandMe at 11:47 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • You don't have to tell them WHY you don't want men doctors, just tell them that you dont want any. Many women don't feel comfortable going to men Dr.'s. I am one of them & i don't have the excuse you do. I think nature is stronger than will CAN'T convince me that a strait man won't get a bit excited if a hot chick walks in his office & he gets to play with her hoo haa. Now, maybe there are some male Dr.'s that can be mature about it & don't get excited about the work he is about to perform. But, no one can convince me that EVERY male Gyno is that way. Obviously, they love vagina...that's why they work with them.

    So, that is my probably ignorant excuse for not wanting male Dr.'s playing with my hoo haa. Just seems weird to me, no other reason.

    Just tell them you feel uncomfortable with male Dr.'s, they don't have to ask why...and they will respect it.

    Answer by samurai_chica at 11:49 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • All you can do is request a female doctor but honestly, since you're having a baby, I think the baby's care is more of a priority than past experience. Not to seem cold but if there's a male doctor who has more experience and should anything go wrong, male or female, the baby is first. After you have the baby, you should really seek counseling for these lingering issues. I'm sure this hasn't been easy for your husband either. Good luck!

    Answer by NikkiVan1 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • you can inform your doctor that you dont want any male dr's or nurses but in some situations they are all thats there.

    Answer by marinesweetie at 12:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Absolutely! No explanations required...simply say "I want a female Dr. and female nurses" I do the same thing and am met with total compliance, no problem, no questions asked.

    Answer by chocolatluver at 12:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • yes id let them know. but when it comes to delivery you might not ahve an option. my last two babies that i had i was lucky my dr was on rotation that night anyways. other wise i would have been stuck with a male dr. you really do need to talk to your dr about all this. cause if she does have a rotation schedule at the hospital with other colleges that are males you might be stuck with a man.

    Answer by sandraberke at 12:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.