About night sweats?

I am on HRT treatment but still wake up drenched,as much as changing shirts,sweat dripping off my hair.I'm getting worried its something else other than I need my estrogen uped.Does or has anyone going,through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Health

• i had night sweats for weeks after i had my first, because my hormones were still at pregnancy levels (i.e. high estrogen). i would think if you were upping your estrogen then it would affect your hormones and cause the night sweats.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i have sweats at night & i'm still in my 20's (haha, almost 30)

I have talked to my Dr., she can't link anything to them. Everything else in my body is fine & nothing adds up. It sucks though, because DH will roll over to snuggle & I'm a freaken wet clam....Sometimes it's worse than others.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:53 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Oh god yes..its hell isn't it?...I took an herbal supplement that made it all go away and I am done with it!! But you can also take like Vitex which balances estrogen and progestrine so you do not get an over balance of estrogen. Fish oil supplements (Omega 3's),Almonds or almond milk, Flax seed oil, Evening Primrose oil supplements was wonderful too. (did your Dr do blood tests?)

You need to begin some breathing and relaxation exercises...Yoga is amazing at helping with this.. Reduce the amount of caffine you drink during the day and drink water instead. Eat more veggies and fruit..and less processed stuff. Start walking.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Thankyou all!I am on the lowest dose too and sure been thinking of going herbs all the way instead of prescrition kind.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I tried HRT and it didn't stop the night sweats.  Keep a towel by the bed and keep the room as cool as possible.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• HRT didn't work for me. The night sweats will go in hormonal cycles. Avoid caffeine and alcohol (yeah, right....) I take an antidepressant to deal with the hormonal B.S. It is the only thing that keeps me sane.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2010