how do you make homemade cheese cake?

also how much does it cost? I want to make it for the holidays, but can't afford to much. Thanks

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• 2 8oz bricks of cream cheese
    2/3c to 1c sugar (I always do it to taste)
    1T vanilla extract
    2 eggs
    2T flour
    1 graham cracker crust

Let the cream cheese sit on the counter for a couple hours and get soft, preheat oven to 350. Mix cream cheese, vanilla. flour and sugar until smooth. Check it and make sure it's sweet enough (always start with less sugar than you think you need, you can always add but you can't take it away). Once it tastes right to you, add the eggs and mix until blended. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, then turn the oven down to 325. Bake until set, check it every 20 minutes or so, total baking time will be about an hour. It usually costs around 5 dollars for me to make this cheesecake, depending on how many of the staple ingredients I already have.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• its basically cream cheese and sugar.. theres more to it than that, but ya thats the majority. You can look up recipes on allrecipes.com

or you can buy the boxed version for about $4 in the grocery store

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• There's a simple cheesecake on the Kraft Philly cream cheese box that is easy and delicious.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I pretty much do what rhianna posted. But I like variations with oreo cookies instead of graham crackers, or mix in those Heath bar crumbles you can buy in the baking section...oh I think I'm hungry...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Authentic NY style cheesecake is actually pretty expensive. At least 20 bucks for all the ingrediance and then you have to have a springform pan which isn't cheap either. PLUS it takes sooo long to make. I personally think you'd be better off just buying a premade one from walmart or getting a no bake one.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:50 AM on Nov. 21, 2010