Kool smiles/Smile starters?

Do you take your kids to these places. I took my 2 year old for the first time to Smile Starters in my area...bad experience to say the least but after reading and seeing what I did he wont EVER be going back!! I feel bad that I took him there in the first place! :(

So for those of you that take your kids there (so not judging you, and your office may be different) but take a look
http://blog.dentistthemenace.com/2008/04/medicaid-dental-center-aka-smile.html

And beware it had me in tears at work!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Yup, run far away from those places. We have a Kool Smiles here and it was featured on the news for doing all manner of horrible things to kids' teeth. A friend of mine in playgroup took her young son there and they capped his teeth to "prevent cavities". Yeah...no. The thing about it is that they serve mostly low-income, Medicaid families so they do bogus work on these kids' teeth just to collect the insurance money. Plus, the rule they have about not coming back w/ the child really bothers me. I would never let my young child (she is 4) go back there by herself.
    mommy2aftan

Answer by mommy2aftan at 12:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• sweetstkissez22

Comment by sweetstkissez22 (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Yea, they tell parents its due to HIPPA regulations that they cant go back there WTF, I got to go back with my son because he was so young but..umm...were not going back!
    sweetstkissez22

Comment by sweetstkissez22 (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I never took my son to one of those places, but, when the dentist I did take him to tried to prevent me from going back, it refused and they let me and I found a new dentist that would.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2010