Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In need of advise

well i need help so i can help my niece it all started last year when she lost her job and had to move to a shelter well after living there for a few months she got her apartment and a week later was diagnosed with stage two breast cancer with her2 receptive and it was growing rapidly so she had a double mastectomy did i mention shes only 24 years old and now is going threw chemo once a week with large doses if that wasn't enough she was also brca2 positive and has a 7 year old son no money coming in with the exception of 300 dollars a month from insurance we have a small family and we will all be getting something for her son but i feel this boy deserves a big Christmas after all this bad in life and i want to know where can she sign up to receive free Christmas gifts for her son we live in NY NY please any help would be greatly appreciated thank you..........

Answer Question

Asked by mari2120 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Holidays

Level 17 (3,812 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • There are groups right here on cafemom for angels to adopt kids, I adopt a child every year from here. The group I am on has a very long name but it starts "moms who can't afford christmas......"

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • thank you

    Comment by mari2120 (original poster) at 12:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Her local Salvation Army and Toys 4 Tots too... she needs to get into these places now...

    Answer by gmasboy at 1:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

  • Many churches have giving trees or donate to the needy.

    Also, does a local TV station have a program like this? One of ours has a program called Pay it Forward where you can nominate someone in need. Every week they give one needy person 8 $50 bills.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 2:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.