How much for WalMart lenses and frames?

I was told the exam will be about $50, but do you know how much lens and frames are? I am not looking for anything fancy, just basic metal frames. Thanks!

Asked by elenalee at 12:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Health

• They can be as low as $50, on up to more expensive frames and thinner lenses. I spent $200 on my son's glasses there, but the lenses are super light and the frames are basically indestructible.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• At our depends on the style of frames. Just basic metal ones you can get for $9.. then then lenses should be like $30 i think

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My hubby got ones for $55

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I have astigmatism and without insurance, a 90 dollar set of frames, lenses with no special coatings, it was a little over 200 out the door for just the glasses.

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• depends on the frames...some are as low as $50....and depends on the lenses, some have night vision coating and such.

my plastic frames were $100 and the lenses were about $50

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• and they are the ones i'm wearing in the pic!

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• if there for you they can range from 200 + my little girl got her glasses from walmart and never again will this happen. when she goes and gets her new eye exam in Dec we will be going to lense crafters. we have had to replace her glasses 4 times now from walmart. thanks god for insruance. i think there glasses are really crappy. ive been wearing glasses now for over 10 years now so i know how to take care of them. but shes only 4. and they give me attutide everytime i bring them in : / if you take care of yours properly it should be fine but you are just as well off going to like vision works or someplace else. lense crafters many places have a 2 for 99$ thing . thats how i got my 2 pairs of glasses.

Answer by sandraberke at 12:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Try ordering on-line from zenni opitcal- it's SUPER cheap, like $8-30 a pair

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I am a bit of a smaller frame and was able to get a children's pair which cost me a total of $38

Answer by MamaSpurg at 2:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2010