Does the Marriage of Prince William Affect the U.S.?

Apparently it does. According to various reports this morning, there's now a surge in demand for sapphires, particularly replicas of Princess Diana's engagement ring; the one Prince William gave to his future bride, Kate.

"NEW YORK -- Minutes after the world first glimpsed the sapphire-and-diamond engagement ring Prince William gave his fiancee -- the same one Princess Diana once wore -- phones started ringing madly at a Manhattan jewelry maker."

Although I am against the whole royalty/entitlement/class status roles, I am always glad when the U.S. economy is boosted, even if just a bit.

Link in reply below.

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 12:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NightPhoenix

Comment by NightPhoenix (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't want a replica of anyone's ring... I would prefer it was original and from the heart. I agree with boosting the economy though.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It gives the Media something to talk about everyday. They have been on News and Entertainment sites constantly. It is really a pleasant change from the usual "gloom and doom" news stories. Good for them!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I believe they been selling the replicas of Princess Diana's engagement ring for some time now and will gain popularity again. 

Faux Princess Di Sapphire Engagement Ring

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Well, that and it is going to be on the news all the time now!!!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It was a nice ring:)
    mommyg24

Answer by mommyg24 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2010