Soooo is it gross??

Is the glucose drink gross? :(

lol

i am going back to the doctor in 3 weeks to take the glucose test, what it taste like??

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 12:49 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it taste kindof like orange soda to me. not that bad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• EW sorry i just noticed my grammar was ridiculous.

I meant "What DOES it taste like" not "What it taste like" lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:53 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i thought is was absolutely disgusting. i got to choose from coke, lemon lime, or orange flavor and i chose he lemon lime. i though well i like sprite so why not? i ended up puking in the garbage can. lol but i have kind of a week stomach.
    burtney0921

Answer by burtney0921 at 12:59 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I never had a choice- it was like a thicker, much sweeter, flat orange soda and I thought it was pretty disgusting. I'm sure it could be worse, though!
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 1:06 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Yeah, it's pretty nasty, not something you'd choose to do on a regular basis. When I was pregnant with #1 I had no choice and got the awful flat Sprite kind. With #2 I got the thick, orange crush kind, and that was much more tolerable. Just chug it down and let them get what they need, you'll survive. If they give you a choice, choose the one you like 2nd best...if you love Coke and pick the Coke kind, it'll never be the same, LOL!
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 1:12 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• It was like they took orange soda and poured tons of sugar in it to make it syrupy (is that a word?). I couldn't drink orange soda for a loooonngg time after that, it made me cringe!
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 1:12 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• It's pretty yucky! The two best tidbits of advice I can give you--  1.  Make sure it's really cold (seems to make it better for some reason)  2.  Drink it as fast as you can! 

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 1:30 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Definitely make sure it's cold. Mine for both my kids was the orange kind. It wasn't bad, but it made me a little nauseated because you have to drink it on an empty stomach.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 2:04 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I have heard a couple people say they even enjoyed it. It just really depends. If you get disgusted by thick texture than I would chug it.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 3:18 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I thoroughly enjoyed mine! Even the techs at the lab where like "eeewww how can you drink that" but I thought it tasted like orange soda. Don't get yourself worked up over it...because if you can't keep it down, they can't do the test and bring you back.
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 8:49 AM on Nov. 4, 2008