hospital bag

when did you start packing your hospital bag? and what did you put in there ? Its my second pregnancy, I just cant remeber what I packed for the first lol

ashcrash

Asked by ashcrash at 12:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Besides your basic toiletries and going home outfits for you and baby, I would pack a camera for the new daddy. I also packed playing cards and Uno so we would have something to do while we waiting for the labor to progress. It kept my mind off the contractions and the waiting.... and don't forgot something to use as your focal point if you are doing natural childbirth, I used a small stuffed horse since I love horses.
    horsegal2760

Answer by horsegal2760 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i was due at the end of Feb but my hubby made me pack right after christmas! i made sure to have clothes for me and hubby for 3 days and a tooth brush and such things! i had like 3 out fits for the baby since i wasnt sure how big she would be! i took a suit case so i was over packed but better safe than sorry! if ur nursing bring ur boppy and nursing bras! oh oh SNACKS!!!!! bring snacks!! thats all i can remember for now! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Deodaorant, soap, louffa, toothpaste, toothbrush, hairbrush, shampoo, conditioner, slippers, robe, pajamas, change of clothes, camera, maxi-pads, nursing bra, pacifier, homecoming outfit for baby, dollars/quarters, diapers and wipes, a book, chapstick, lotion. Hmmm... Am I missing anything? I live 45 minutes away fromt he hospital too. I bought travel size stuff and threw it in the bag right away.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Plenty of comfortable pajamas, sweatpants and shirts with buttons down the front (if you are planning on breastfeeding). I packed my bag at the 35th week, and I am so glad I did because I had my baby one week later! I think they recommend packing the hospital bag a month in advance if you can.
    tarakenyon06

Answer by tarakenyon06 at 1:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Clothes for me, clothes for the baby, toiletries, camera, cell phone, sleep mask and ear plugs. That's about it. The first time I packed everything they suggest and used NONE of it. I wised up the second and third times! And I never packed until right before going to the hospital (was induced all three times).
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• One thing I had for sure was a picture of my son. Nursing night gown. Underwear and a going home outfit for both of us.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2010