What calms your baby?

Maybe a car ride, walk, his swing or bouncer, someones voice? The sound of a vacuum cleaner, fan, music, or t.v.?

horsesteelers

Asked by horsesteelers at 1:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter loves to be held and loved on she just loves to have attention of any kind to calm her down
    NevansMommy

Answer by NevansMommy at 4:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• when dd was an infant, sometimes I had to let the shower run and sit in the bathroom with her, the sound was soothing to her for some reason.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I can see why that would calm her. I like the sound of the rain or a waterfall.
    horsesteelers

Comment by horsesteelers (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• bouncy seat, swing, car rides, anything and everything we could think of!! lol!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Me singing, her swing when it went back and forth (pendulum motion), and I also used to put her in her bouncy seat and turn the shower on.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• For my son it was being attached (baby carrier) to me. For my daughter it's this light up bear my Dad gave her for Christmas last year (she was 4 months old) she cannot sleep without that bear! She also loved the baby swing. as long as she wan't trying to sleep she was/is usually in someones arms...she can't sleep being held, not even to fall asleep!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 1:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• just snuggling up to him with a blanket, but for the most part he really didn't fuss unless he needed food, to be changed or tired.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We have a sleep sheep that makes sounds. She just started liking it at 5 months. She only likes it at nap time.

Wear the baby. She is totally happy to be strapped to someone no matter what we are doing. Dishes, laundry, just tied to mom or dad for anything and she is calm.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• my son Loved and still loves getting his back rubbed or patted. or if hes upset he likes to hold my hand and have his sippy till he calms down (:
    AmberLeTTeBxtcH

Answer by AmberLeTTeBxtcH at 4:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010