Are your beliefs absolute?

Is right always right and wrong always wrong? Or are there grey areas at times?

sopranomommy

Asked by sopranomommy at 1:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Grey areas of course..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Lots and lots of grey. I think MOST is grey, very little black and white.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My beliefs are rather all inclusive. I don't believe there is EVER a black & white... Everything in our world, especially the spiritual, is Grey... Always!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Lots of Grey!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 1:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• IMO, everything is really black or white. But people are gray... There are a lot of things we don't completely understand, so our choices aren't always quite so cut and dried as we would like them to be. The more we understand about things, the easier it is to see the "right" or "wrong" - there's so much included as to what would be absolutely right in any given situation. I do agree that what is right for one person in their own life and situation would be completely wrong for another person.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 1:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• But there are certain universal truths that no matter what we believe, cannot be changed. For example, gravity. Even if I say it doesn't exist, that won't change the fact that it does. However, I can find ways to use it appropriately and seemingly defy it (like flying in an airplane). The law of gravity hasn't changed, but the understanding of how it works in certain situations has, and therefore, we can do something others may have said was impossible. The underlying truth is still intact - but the circumstances and understanding allow for a different outcome than we might have expected.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 1:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Always gray areas, thats why its important to be steady in what you believe but also be open minded enough to realize you could be wrong and be willing to listen to other opinions,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Lots of grey, lots of black and white.
    Some of my beliefs are absolute (EX, I absolutely feel that it is wrong to engage in sexual behavior with children, or to beat an animal to death) and no one would ever be able to present a train of thought to me that would make me change my mind. Other stuff, I am perfectly aware that I feel the way I do because of my personal perspective and value system, but it doesn't necessarily mean that there's no other acceptable way to feel on the issue.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i suffer from terminal gray. i am not really absolute on anything but faithfullnes in marriage
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 1:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Maybe some black and white, but mostly a lot of gray.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2010