Would you let your young child read this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0tyhnZcot8&feature=grec_index
(linked in first reply)

Octobersmom

Asked by Octobersmom at 1:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No, I wouldn't. Some of the protesters in that video were obviously stoned. lol!
    Anonymous

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0tyhnZcot8&feature=grec_index

Octobersmom

Comment by Octobersmom (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Sorry it refuses to cooperate and let me link
    Octobersmom

• It doesn't sound like it would be very interesting for my 4 year old.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• prob not♥ ♥
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Anon - I loved the 'I was president of the PTO and a stoner' comment because I think that explains our PTO president lol
    Octobersmom

Comment by Octobersmom (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Smells something sweet? LMAO!!! Ummm...no pot does not smell sweet. It smells discusting and no I would never allow my child to read this. I agree with the woman in the bandana. Way more info than my child needs right now. I do not support the use of pot, and I do not feel that promoting it like that to my child is a good thing.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 5:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I don't know, maybe if the story wasn't about the parents getting caught smoking. If they wanted it to be educational then maybe they could have a family at the dinner table, and you hear a little 7 y old ask "What is Pot?"... and keep going from there. To me SMOKING IS BAD i don't care what you smoke! Oxygen is the only thing that needs to be inhaled!
    Actress-mom81

Answer by Actress-mom81 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• no not yet
    nicoleNjeanna

Answer by nicoleNjeanna at 8:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I do not think I would have a problem with my child wanting to read it. It is only a book and I intend to have talks with my children before they get too old and begin hearing about it from their friends. I have not read the book so maybe upon reading it there would be a possibility that I would change my mind or I would at least decide I wanted to wait to let my child read it until they are of a certain age. There is also a book out there that is called "The House that Crack Built" and it discusses crack but I have not heard any protest on that childrens book and I read it as a high school senior in my Children's Literacy class is this simply an issue because of the medical marijuana debates?
    NessGuinness

Answer by NessGuinness at 8:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2010