This Q. has probably been asked a million times

Do you think people who are already in Heaven know what is going on here on earth? My sister's step-granddaughter, who is 2 1/2, talks to her Grandpa. He died in July.

zachsmom900

Asked by zachsmom900 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, I think they watch and visit us all the time. I also believe that some people, especially young children, can see or hear them.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 1:06 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• No, I don't believe people in Heaven know what is going on here on earth. However, I see absolutely no harm in a 2 1/2 year old talking to her Grandpa, whom she probably really misses. She'll have plenty of time to learn all about things like that later. If it comforts her to talk to him, I wouldn't tell her not to do so.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 1:10 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• No, I believe that the dead are dead, they are concious of nothing, but I believe she must have loved him very very much, so much that that is why she does this. Love is a VERY STRONG EMOTION and it quite powerful too.
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 7:33 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Kids don't just go walking around talking to their deceased grandparents. They may have imaginary friends for the puposes of play but I think if she is carrying on conversations with her Grandpa there is a reason outside of our understanding. I do believe that our loved ones watch over us but until you experience it for your self it is hard to imagine. I think children are more open to it than most adults and maybe that is why he is talking with her. That and the fact that they were close.
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 8:33 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• well the way i see it is in heaven we dont suffer watching our loved ones hurt and suffer would make me suffer so no i dont think the watch over us
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• yes. my cousin was 5 when his father died.
    we would go outside and he would point up to the clouds and go "daddy is crying? daddy misses us"
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My mother died a month before my son was born. I won't go into great detail, but I have lots of reasons to believe that my mother spent several months with us after she died. I also have a very young nephew who was never taught to pray, but one night he knelt and prayed at bedtime (my mother was Catholic) and when my sister asked him what he was doing, he said hi to grandma. I'm not sure what to make of it, exactly. I don't really think there is some place in the clouds called heaven where we go after death for all of eternity. I believe in reincarnation, and I believe that our true inner selves are simply pure love energy. But I can't argue with the things that I saw and heard after my mother died. I guess in the end I am comfortable knowing that I just don't know.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:47 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• YES, I DEFINITELY believe in our loved ones watching us after they leave this world. Spirit is forever and never deminishes. They certainly come around to see what is going on with us. I think it's wonderful that this child can speak to her grandfather. I hope your sister encourages this communication because it's wonderful!!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:56 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I occasionally can feel the presence of my brother who passed away about 10 years ago. I do think that the people who have passed can be aware of what is going on down here on earth. It doesn't really matter to me if this is correct thinking or not. It is comforting. Any chance of communication is a good thing. Children are so pure. Just love.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 10:11 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• NO, and I would rebuke that spirit that is impersonating her grandpa.  It's not bibical that people come back.

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 10:27 AM on Nov. 4, 2008