IS IT OK IF YOUR 8 MONTHS PREGNANT AND HAVE HAD NO MEDICAL CARE?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Of course it isn't okay..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• No.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It's not ideal and if there's a way that you (or whoever you're asking this about) can get some medical care just to make sure that everything is on track, that would be for the best.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• no, it is not ok
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Well, it's not the best way to go through your pregnancy, but it doesn't mean there will be problems either. Hopefully you've taken care of yourself, and don't have any risk factors.

Best wishes for a safe and healthy delivery, and a healthy baby.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Generally - if you are taking care of yourself, eating healthy, etc. it is NOT a problem!! In a normal pregnancy and a mom who is conscious of her health - the baby is JUST fine! I'll be in the same boat as you next time I am pregnant.

Having prenatal care can detect problems in the mom or the baby early on, but most of the time - a normal, healthy pregnancy, it doesn't matter if you have health care or not.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Thats how the American Natives did things. I prefer to have a midwife really for the moral support.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 1:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• This is my opinion based on no medical information or research whatsoever: 8 times out of ten it probably won't make any difference, but if you are in that 2 out of 10 category where the mother's or baby's health could be in jeopardy then it could be a big problem. For example, my blood pressure got really high at the end of my pregnancy. I had no symptoms but swollen feet and who doesn't have swollen feet at 39 weeks? So without my doctor's care I may not have known and could have had a seizure or other complications without medical treatment. It is true that for all but recent history women have given birth without medical care, and we have survived as a species, but life threatening complications were also more common and difficult to deal with in those days.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• How have you been treating yourself? Are you eating well? Staying active? Low stress levels? Than you are probably okay.
    It would be ideal for you to see a care provider at some point, if you are not well educated on how to do your own prenatal care. What are your delivery plans?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Might be might not be. I'd recommend going now and getting it. Maybe any problem can be detected now. Good luck and do your best.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2010