How did you get your 3 year old boy potty train?

I have tried everything except having him only wear underwear. I just don't want pee all over my carpet. Is there any other ways you tried that worked for you? I tried reminding every 30-45 mins,I tried going naked for part of the day and that worked some days...its just not working...everything I tried...going to chuck e cheese when he filled up his chart...no luck!! HELP!

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• wish you all the luck! my son is 3 too and i can't get him to go either. we're still using training pants. he won't tell us he has to go or has gone, we just have to keep taking him and hope for the best. once day he'll get it. just hope it's soon.
    suthrnflwr

Answer by suthrnflwr at 3:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Are you sure he's ready? They normally show signs of wanting to do potty training.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I have been trying to potty train mine since he was 2. He would wear underwear until he had to poop then he would bring me a diaper. Just last week he wanted underwear and has had only one accident. So it pretty much depends on him.
    sheba1000

Answer by sheba1000 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I tried potty training my son when he was 2 1/2...No luck. My husband and I are both teachers and are off in the summer so we thought it would be perfect timing. He would go on the potty every time we took him....but also wouldn't care to pee in his pullup...When he went back to daycare in August, the babysitter didn't work with him at all.....I tried letting him go naked and he would just pee on the floor and say "OH NO" So finally Christmas break rolled around. We took him once and that is all it took. He was finally ready to do it on his own. We did the whole reading the elmo book, let him pick out the big boy underwear, and a sticker chart. He just did it when he was ready. It was 2 months before his 3rd b-day.....but I have several friends it took them until they were closer to 3 1/2....GL
    BWIND

Answer by BWIND at 11:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Just keep working with him, don't give up. Don't let him know that you're frustrated either.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My son was potty trained a week before his 2nd birthday. When he was younger, I'd get him to sit on the potty and I'd read to him. I could always tell when he was about to poop because he'd run and hide behind something. I'd just get rid of the pullups and go with undies. Bite the bullet. The sooner you do it, the easier it'll be.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2010