Why is it so hard for you to say 'Sex'? adult content

I see things like "the deed".... "baby dance".... "it"...etc.

You're grown women, what is the taboo about calling it what it actually is?

Is that the same reason you don't like the words penis, scrotum, testicle, anus, vulva, vagina, clitoris, perineum, breast, etc.?

why is it so hard to call things what they actually are?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 1:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Health

• I don't have a problem calling things what they really "are".. I just have little nicknames for them too.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I say sex. But I also use a word that would probably get me reported.

Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I am with SuperrMommyy....

I have nick names too... It is not hard for me either...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i don't have a problem saying sex, but i do not use anatomical words for most other body part. i don't really see the point.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• ♥ ♥i don't have a problem with it either...all though there is a word i just cannot stand hearing it sounds awful to me and thats when men say the p word...
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i dont feel uncomfortable calling body parts by their scientific names but i do like to use nicknames too. i do however hate the word penis and vagina. i dont like the vulgar term for vagina either though. but id much rather say cock or dick than penis.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I have no idea... I've never understood all the slang that comes with it... I think it comes from so many growing up in an environment where the entire subject was taboo... I however see nothing taboo about sex or anything that comes with it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I don't have a problem with it. I think it's probably just a culture thing or maybe even some people are just immature. I haven't met anyone who has a problem saying it.
    chickychatter

Answer by chickychatter at 2:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• LOL ... this reminds me of my freshman year of college. I was taking a health class for my major in Sports Medicine. The instructor was woman with a great sense of humor. On the first day of class, when she was going over the syllabus, she stated that half of the course would be spent on sex and all things related to it. In the front row was another freshman - a guy - but clearly had lived a sheltered life. The instructor noticed him squirm whenever she mentioned the word "sex" and so glanced over at him, and said, "can you say vagina?" Everyone laughed (including the guy she was talking to). She later apologized for calling him out like that, but I thought it was pretty funny.
    Anonymous

• i think it is all in how you were raised. what you heard growing up!
    gavinsmom0688

Answer by gavinsmom0688 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2010