tablecloth advice

I have three kids and use plastic tablecloths. I just buy the cheap one but it seems like every 3 to 4 weeks I need a new one. Does anyone use the ones I do? or should I invest in a better one that can be washed. What do you cafemoms use on your table? and which kind I use.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 2:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have three cloth ones that I rotate. One is either dirty, being washed, or on the table. I also have a couple of plastic ones. Our table was given to use by my FIL and it's all scratched up to the point where it needs to be covered.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I dont use them often because my son will just pull it off...but for the most part I have a cloth one I can throw in the washer. It is so much cheeper to just wash it and throw it back on again.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I buy oilcloth, which is coated fabric, rather than just a piece of plastic, and I've had one last for years.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i just use placemats....they're much easier to clean. i also think they have the heavy vinyl table cloths (or oilcloth if you can find it). they would look nicer and hold up better than the thin plastic ones
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I use cloth. Toss them in the wash when they get dirty. We also use cloth napkins.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I have a good supply of cloth tablecloths, and just wash them whenever needed and put a new one on.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 2:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• We don't use anything.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 19, 2010