Would you apply for a job at your current employers competition?

Ive worked for the same company for over a year...recieved a raise..bottom line i LOVE LOVE LOVE my company but bottom line theres no where to really move up...and for the position I do right now our companies biggest competition starts people out making 5 more dollars an hour. I would hate to seem like IDK an ass for lack of a bettter word for going to the competition but my families gotta eat so I figure its worth a shot?! What would you do?!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• If you need the money, then by all means apply. If you get the job and your current employer asks you why you're leaving, tell them it was because you want a position with room for advancement.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Make sure you didn't sign anything that says you can't do that. Some companies don't allow it.
    Anonymous

• If current employer would not find out then I would. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Absolutely, I'd apply.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Absolutely

Answer by rkoloms at 5:37 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

KARRIEMARIE

• Sales reps for my company cant, it doesnt say anything about my position doing it! tee hee, Ive been looking into it for awhile?! I just wish we got paid more here! I will miss these folks!
    sweetstkissez22

Comment by sweetstkissez22 (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2010