Any baking ideas?

Any ideas on something simple to make for the holidays for someone who is inept? MIL wants me to bring dessert and Im a horrible cook LOL.

bellsandheels

Asked by bellsandheels at 2:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Holidays

• buy frozen pies, they are easy enough in a pinch.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 2:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese icing topped with Cinnamon sugar.
    get a box of white cake mix and the smaller can of pumpkin and a thing of pumpkin pie spice. Make the cake mix as the box says then add 3/4 the can of pumpkin and 1-2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice. Bake as directed on box as cupcakes. get cream cheese frosting and put a med-large dollop of icing on each cupcake (you may need 2 cans of icing). last mix 1/2 cup of white sugar and 1 TBSP of Cinnamon together and sprinkle over cupcakes...they are GREAT!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 2:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• This is something that I'm planning on making:
    Box cake mix - Chocolate
    Topped with: 1 3.9oz pkg pumpkin spice instant pudding (dry mix)
    1 C cold milk
    1/4 C Powdered Sugar
    1 tub cool whip
    Mix this together and top cake.

Since making this Pudding Frosting, its my second requested. I've changed it up so many ways. White cake mix and lemon pudding is awesome too
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 2:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I don't really bake, but I always put together a goodie basket for my BIL. His favorites are chocolate covered pretzels and drop oatmeal cookies
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 2:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Apple crisp. I am making this instead of pies this year. I like the ones with oatmeal in the topping. Google "apple crisp oatmeal" and there are tons of good choices. The hardest part is peeling the apples.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2010