is it too early to *start* transitioning my 10 month old from formula to milk?

before anyone jumps the gun, i'm not going to start giving her cups of milk. the way i transition is go up an ounce of milk and down an ounce of formula every week til it's just milk. she drinks 6 ounces of formula so it would take 6 weeks for her to be fully transitioned. if i started this week, she'd be on milk completely by Christmas and then her first birthday is only 3 weeks after that. do you think it's too soon to start, should i wait til she turns 11 months?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We started whole milk with our daughter right around her first birthday, i don't think 10 months is too young, but i like this mixing it into their diet idea. that would be a good way to at least start introducing it. :) If you're really nervous about it, i would just call up your pediatrician and ask
    knjones

Answer by knjones at 5:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I did that with DS. He didnt have a problem with it! GL
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 2:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I think it's ok..our dd was drinking our milk from our cups at around that age,..every child is different so just watch and be careful of any allergies or reactions she could possibly have from the milk.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 2:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• THey say baby shouldn't be off formula completly until their a year. They need the nutrients. It's ok to incorpate more milk into the bottle but, personally I would talke to your Pediatrician about it.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• my son was put on milk at 9 months old :/ i had the worst experiences with baby formula, specially enfimil. he was Constantly spitting it up and when i bought him good start he drank that with no problem at all so when i eventually got tired of wic and his doctors running me around i just talked to my grandmother and started putting milk in his bottle and hes had no problems at all.
    AmberLeTTeBxtcH

Answer by AmberLeTTeBxtcH at 4:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would wait a few more weeks.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• If you're going to give cows milk it's best to wait until 12 months. You should ask your pedi.
    KITTYCAT1

Answer by KITTYCAT1 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I was told to start at a year once you start to break them from the bottle
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 9:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2010