how would you feel?

say your spouse worked night shift.. or late shift normally getting home between 12-2:30 am .. and they got off work early and went to a bar.. without telling you until they got home (knowing you would be awake)

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Not if he didn't tell me. That's pretty rude.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would feel very hurt. I know I have cooked dinner and no phone call and has even eat along the way home. You deserve some fun time to. So maybe go out yourself and see how he would feel. But yes I would have been hurt.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It would depend how long, if he stopped by just for one drink with a buddy, then I wouldn't mind. If he stayed out for a long time, then I would have a problem with it.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 2:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i guess if it was an abnormal once in awhile thing and I could trust him I wouldnt care. Im going to my grandmas this weekend and hubby is watching dd and I'm already thinking of hitn kohls on the way home. I'm not telling him til i get home. I know he wont care but still i guess its a guilty pleasure and Im jsut doing it lol. If they guys just invited him after work and he didnt want to bother you with it but came home at the same time he normally does and told you then I think that is ok.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Hun i would of confronted him and asked him y he didnt call u stay strong
    Sara_Carter

Answer by Sara_Carter at 2:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I would be upset but only because I worry. When you get off work at a certain time each day your spouse starts to expect you at that time. If my husband shows up late without a phone call or any warning I wonder if he was in an accident or something. My husband often will go over to a friend's house to help with a project or will stop off at a store or two and I don't mind. I think even if he wanted to stop and grab a beer I'd be fine with it just as long as I knew not to expect him home right away.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i would be livid! but my husband know how much i cant stand alcohol. honestly he asks me if he can buy a beer or have a drink if we are at a restaurant. no he is not whipped but i feel very strong about alcohol because my aunt was killed by a drunk and i lived with 2 drunks for quite a while when i was younger
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2010