how to get over this

how can you get over someone irking the mess out of you. how to look over their weirdness? (family member..or spouses family member (MIL) how to not get irritated and try to WANT to be around them?

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think it's reasonable to expect to be able to WANT to be around them, the best you can do is develop a strategy for tolerating the person when you have to be around them, like thinking about how this would make a great scene in your novel someday.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I play nice, smile & try to keep my distance. Keep it superficial.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• anti-depressants! lol. if someone starts getting on my nerves i leave the room. i come back after few minutes and try again. but there are sometimes that i am in the situation that i just have to suck it up and deal with it:(
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Try to find something you have in common, and don't take things too personally.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 6:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2010