How do you make your meat loaf? And how do you make your chicken parm?

My friend told me to dunk the thin chicken breast in to cesar creamy dressing...then in to the bread crumbs. When she first told me this I was like yuk!! lol..she told me just to try it. I did...and OMG its good. Try it if you havent. ;)

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Meatloaf-a pound hamburger meat, an egg or two, can of tomato sauce and 1/2 pack shake and bake for either chicken or pork. I know the shake and bake sounds strange but tastes good. I also add a few tablespoons of mild salsa. Bake at 400 until done. I make my chicken parm similar but use italian dressing instead.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I use a eggwash and then dip in bread crumbs mixed with parm cheese and other seasonings. Fry for a few min on each side until cooked then place in oven coverd in sause and sprinkled with mozarella cheese...yummy thats a dinner for this weekend haha
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Thanks that sounds great! I am going to try that.

I have the BEST meatloaf from a family recipe, it's simple but my kids and husband really love it!

Mix Together:
    1 beaten egg
    ½ cup evaporated milk
    1-teaspoon rubbed sage
    1-teaspoon salt
    ½ teaspoon pepper
    ¼ teaspoon onion powder

Then Add:
    ½ pound ground beef
    ½ pound ground pork
    1 cup of crushed up Townhouse crackers
    ½ cup chopped onion
    ½ cup shredded or coarsely grated Swiss cheese

Mix well together and shape into a loaf. Place in a loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, 15 minutes.

This meatloaf always seems to disappear the first night it is served!

spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• for my meatloaf i add one egg, some breadcrumbs, seasonings, and either bbq sauce or ketchup, sometimes even steak sauce. i eyeball everything so i dont have exact measurements. i also make a red sauce that bakes on top out of ketchup, mustard and brown sugar. it sounds gross like it would be sweet but it's not, i think the brown sugar serves only to make it of a certain consistency and stickiness. it always turns out yummy =)

i haven't tried that with chicken parm, but i will next time! i make it the old standard way, just breaded with sauce and cheese over the top and baked.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Meatloaf is the pound of ground beef or turkey, package of onion soup mix, 4 slices of bread and 1 egg.

I've used different things to bind the breading together like salad dressings or marinades, even hot sauce.....

My chicken parm isn't usualy breaded though, grilled chicken breasts then I top with sauce and mozerella and bake in the oven until the cheese is melted
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Meatloaf: 2 lbs ground beef, one egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, 3/4 cup bread crumbs, one package onion soup mix...mix all together and bake at 350* until done, squirt ketchup on top (enough to get ketchup on every slice/cover the top in ketchup) and bake a 5 min longer.

Chicken parm: breaded chicken breast/bonless skinless chicken breast whichever I have, put some spaghetti sauce (jar sauce) on top of cooked chicken and top with mozz cheese...serve over noodles with sauce.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 3:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2010