Is 14 too young for a boy to have a girlfriend and the girlfriend be kinda controlling, she is 14 too?

MomSince18

Asked by MomSince18 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes,

They are way too young, KEEP IT MOVING>>>>>>

I thought it would be ok at first but your just opening up another can of worms, not too say she won't try or he won't try but you should not allow it.....

I don't care!!! Kids are way ahead of the game now... Good luck!!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Kids r too mature too early these days!! I would say no!!! Way too young unless they stay in your house with sdult supervision.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I don't think 14 is too young for boyfriend/girlfriends. Like at school. I wouldn't let them go on "dates" or be unsupervised. He should not be controled by her or vice versa.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 2:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• 14 is too young for a bf/gf scenario. My sons were not allowed to have a gf until they were 16 and then it was all very supervised and controlled (easy to do since the girls they met always attended different schools).
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Depends on the kids' definition of "dating." We called it "going out" when I was in middle school, and it meant that you saw each other at school with occasional telephone calls at night. Rarely did "going out" with someone last longer than a month or two, before you "broke up" and started "going out" with someone else. It was like practice dating on school grounds...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 8:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• i say its ok for him to have a girlfriend, and he has to learn to recognise the controlling girl type, he'll get sick of her eventually and move on. I wouldnt freak out too much, its not like theyre getting married. I would talk to him about how relationships should work. He'll probably be very hurt over her in the end but he'll get over it and try to avoid those types of relationships.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 8:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I feel it is okay for your 14 yr old to have a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship. If you try to control at which age he begins to date he may begin to date behind your back and that could have worse end results than dating this controlling girl. The chances that they stay together for a long time are very slim to none - just make sure you are involved. Give them opportunities to have a "date" like dinner at the other family's house (getting to know the other family would help too) taking them to a goofy golf place or a movie or swimming pool or youth group would also be good activities for this age. It is important to talk with your child about expectations such as the lights always need to be on, they are to stay vertical (no laying down together), since he is so young yet you will have control over where they go and for how long. Make sure that he is able to have fun but do it in the presence of others.
    NessGuinness

Answer by NessGuinness at 8:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• No. It sounds like a good opportunity for you to illustrate how controlling relationships (of any kind) affect our lives.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• 14 isn't too young for a girlfriend. She should not be controling.
    Anonymous

• I don't think its to young to date. but for the girlfriend to be controlling...yes that is way to young to start that crap.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2010