How can I effectively get my just 2 yr old to stop...

turning the TV off, dumping a cup, pinching, you get the picture lol

I have 4 boys and he is the only one that has not responded to NO or redirection.

mommaofallboys

Asked by mommaofallboys at 2:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is the same way. She doesn't listen very well. I have to physically remove her from every situatio. BTW she broke our TV. lol If you find the answers. let me know!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• ♥ ♥good luck...is all i can tell ya...my first 3 kids were alright they finally got the no..down but my 4th child...just didn't listen..it was a mess...just keep trying is all i can tell ya..good luck hon♥ ♥
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Have you tried time outs. It works great with my 3 year old. we started when he was 2.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Time outs are a game for him. He actually puts himself on the stool when I tell him no. So, that is not effective. Thank you anyway.
    mommaofallboys

Comment by mommaofallboys (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Time outs have worked great with my 2 year old. They seemed like the next logical step after redirection--take him away from the behavior, sit him on the timeout step, and explain why he's in timeout.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Sorry, we were typing at the same time, OP :) Is there somewhere else that you can do timeouts that might be more effective? My parents sent us to the garage, which was especially effective in January in Wisconsin LOL While I don't necessarily recommend *that*, is there some way you could modify the timeouts that might work?
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Make sure he is getting enough one on one time with you and your SO. Lots of times kids go for the negative attention if they do not get enough positive attention. Also, praise him when he does things right and make sure he knows he is loved.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2010